The Montclair Foundation/Van Vleck House & Gardens
Rules and Regulations
Van Vleck House & Gardens is a private estate owned by The Montclair Foundation, a nonprofit charitable organization.
The grounds are open year-round to the public from 9am until 4pm (November – April), or 9am until 6pm (May- October). Please check our website homepage www.vanvleck.org for more information on closures/access during fundraising events.
All visitors are required to follow our rules and regulations:
- Pets are not allowed on the property at any time.
- Please stay on the pathways and grass, and leave all plants, flowers, and natural objects as you found them, and please do not feed the wildlife.
- Please refrain from riding bicycles on the grounds. For the safety of our visitors, please walk bicycles through the property, or park in the bike rack adjacent to the main house.
- Children must be supervised by an adult (within view) at all times. Climbing on trees or structures is not permitted.
- Limousines, vans and trolleys are not permitted on the property.
- No smoking or using alcoholic beverages. Please remove all your trash when you leave.
Professional photography requires pre-registration permits and photoshoot reservations. Please note that there are fees to use the Van Vleck Gardens as the location for any type of professional photography. No drone photography is permitted.
Organized gatherings are only allowed with written approval, which must be obtained by writing to email@example.com
Please be courteous and respect our neighbors, other visitors, and any wildlife you encounter here. Our gardens are for everyone’s enjoyment.